If you are looking to spice up your Christmas party, Orange spiced iced tea may just be the drink to set it off on the right note. We tried it and found that it has a good balance between the mellow taste of tea, tanginess of orange and the flavours of spice.
How to make it? 🙂 It is actually a two step process. As with all things tea, the step to focus on is getting the brew right. That can make all the difference to the drink.
Recipe for 2 glasses of drink :
2 large cups of water, 3 Oranges, 1 inch Cinnamon stick, 2 pieces of star anise, 2 tsp black tea, 2 tsp sugar, 2 lemon slices, 2-3 mint sprigs
- Squeeze fresh juice of Orange and store it aside. Keep the peel for flavouring.
- Put water, orange peel, cinnamon, star anise, sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep it on high heat for 5 more minutes, add black tea and let it brew for 2 more minutes. Strain the liquid in a jar and keep aside to let it cool.
- Add the orange juice to the cooled tea.
- To serve, pour tea in glass, add 3-4 ice cubes, garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint sprig.
Your drink is ready. Enjoy! 🙂
And what better to go with iced tea than the easily prepared finger cucumber sandwiches.
All you need to rustle that up is:
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp finely chopped chives (haraa pyaaj)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
Spread one side of each slice of bread with a thin layer of butter. Arrange a single layer of cucumber slices on 4 of the bread slices. Stir together the mayonnaise, chives, mustard and pepper in a small bowl. Check if salt needed. Spread a thin layer of the mayonnaise mixture over the cucumbers. Top with the remaining slices of buttered bread. Cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into fingers.
Have a blast!